Make Your Special Event A Masterpiece!
Mark a milestone with a masterpiece—graduations, retirement parties, reunions, weddings, anniversaries and the many reasons to celebrate.
Throughout the year we host all types of events at Pfac: from small lunches, to large sit-down receptions, to fantastic talk-of-the-town parties. But did you know that as a Pfac member, you can host your own celebration in our galleries or on our grounds?
With the help of Visitor Services Manager Joan Dobson, your guests will have an experience in artistic ambiance that they’ll remember for years to come.
Pfac Facility Rental for Members
W: Workshop C: Courtyard* G: Garden*
Government Organizations $200 $200 $200 $500 $700
- $60 – non-current member requires that you become a Full Family Member and receive all future benefits of this membership.
- $150 – corporate renter requires that you become a Curator Circle Member or higher and receive all future benefits of this membership.
- $40/hour/person – staff person: one required per 100 guests for the entire event (set-up through clean-up*)
- $40/hour/person – staff person required upon request to have the Gallery Shop open during rental
- $40/hour/person – tour guides/interpreters available to give guests tour if desired
- $40/hour/person – security guards if desired
- $4 x number of guests – guests can tour Pfac’s galleries or take a docent
- $40 per hour – guests can take a docent tour but additional fee applies
*Staff fees do not apply during business hours, particularly to workshop rentals. See Visitors Services and Office Manager if you have questions.
- If Pfac co-sponsors the event or the event benefits Pfac, all rental fees are waived. The Executive Director reserves the right to waive fees on a case by case basis.
- Members of the Curator’s, Director’s, or President’s Circles are eligible to receive discounts. This will be negotiated when the reservation is confirmed.
- Facility agreements are based on five hour scheduling slots. If a rental uses all/portion of a second/third rental slot, full or partial fees will be incurred. This will be established when the reservation is confirmed.
- Galleries are not usually rented during business hours, although set-up may occur during last hour of day with prior approval of Executive Director and oversight by a staff member.
- During certain exhibitions, the facility reserves the right to refuse any/all rentals or limit access to specific galleries due to security for art work present.
The Renter is responsible for all other arrangements unless otherwise indicated in a supplemental and signed Participation Agreement and Event Form.
- Pfac reserves the right to refuse any event should it present an offensive situation/activity that interferes or endangers with the guests of Pfac and/or its operations.
- Renters must be a member of Pfac in order to rent the facilities. Corporation must be Curator’s Circle member or above.
- Use of the facility for any fund-raising events or any event involving admission, fees, raffles, contributions or ticket sales are strictly prohibited unless Pfac is a benefactor or a co-sponsor. In this situation, Pfac must be involved and approve all aspects of the event planning, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotional materials, agenda and speakers.
- Reservations for rental of Pfac must be made at least thirty (30) days prior to the date of the event. A 50% deposit is due at the signing of a contract. The Renter may cancel the event without penalty thirty (30) days prior to the event. The deposit will be forfeited for cancellations made thirty (30) to three (3) days prior to the event. The Renter is responsible for the entire rental fee if a cancellation is made with less than 72 hours notice.
- Renters are required to have one Pfac staff member per 50 people attending the event. Guides are available to provide tours through the galleries for guests. Hand-on activities or workshops can be arranged for a separate fee relative to the materials and staff required. Members, non-profits and government agencies may receive a discount. Please see attached rental fees.
- All aspects of the event including, but not limited to, choice of caterer, space configuration, circulation plan, seating arrangements, lighting, décor, entertainment, and all set-up and delivery schedules must be approved by Pfac.
- The American Association of Museum’s guidelines prohibit food and drink in the galleries. Photography is prohibited in the galleries, but welcome in the reception area, courtyard and ground. Smoking is prohibited. Candles and other fire hazards are prohibited.
- Events may not be open to the public or advertised in any way, with the exception of fundraising events where Pfac is a benefactor (see 2 above). Invitations to guests must be approved by Pfac in advance. Pfac’s name cannot be used to endorse or promote any group or individual, only to announce the location of the event.
- Event activities may not disturb on-going Pfac activities or exhibits. The Visitor Services desk may NOT be used for food and/or drink service. Renters expecting large numbers of guests should work closely with Pfac to develop mutually satisfactory parking arrangements.
- Renters may use Pfac kitchen for catering. Catering Policies, attached, must be strictly adhered to whether the renters are providing their own food or a professional caterer has been hired. The Renter must arrange a meeting, to be held at Pfac, between them, the caterer, and Pfac at least two (2) weeks before the date of the event.
- It is the responsibility of the Renter to acquire and adhere to all required permits, e.g. ABC permit. Alcohol may not be delivered more than one (1) day prior to the event.
- All décor and signs must be free standing and approved by Pfac in advance. Pfac is not responsible for the delivery and/or pick-up of any equipment required for the event. Any such equipment must be removed from Pfac building and grounds by 5:00 p.m. the day following the event. Pfac is not responsible for any loss or damage of such equipment. Equipment delivery and pick-up times must be coordinated with Pfac. Signs on walls are not permitted. Any plants or other materials brought in must be clean and pest free.
- Clean-up and removal of all trash, decorations, etc. is the responsibility of the Renter and its vendors. If fac cleans up after an event, the Renter will be responsible for the premium fee incurred on their behalf. Pfac can assist in pre-arranging this service ahead of time.
The Renter has read and agrees with the terms outlined above.
Renter ______________________ Pfac _____________________
This contract dated the ______ day of ________, 20_____ is between the Peninsula Fine Arts Center (Pfac) and the Renter ___________________________ for the event of __________________________________ to take place on ___________ , ____/____/____. The Renter will lease the following space: _______________________________, and Pfac agrees to lease said space to the Renter for the amount of $_____________ , on the terms and conditions set forth in here-in and in the attached Facility Rental Policies, which are incorporated into this agreement by reference and to which the Renter agrees to adhere. Pfac will provide the required ___ staff for ___ hours at a cost of $______; ___ interpreters for ___ hours at a cost of $______; ___ security guards for ___ hours at a cost of $______, as outlined in the facility rental policies.
The estimated attendance of the event will be ________ persons. The event will begin at ________ and end, including total clean-up at ________. Set up of the event, including entertainers, catering, floral arrangements, and décor may begin at ________. All items brought to Pfac by the Renter must be removed immediately after the event. Pfac is not responsible for any loss or damage to items owned by or in the care of the Renter before, during or following the event.
The Renter is responsible for acquiring all necessary permits, licenses and a certificate of insurance indicating the amount of liability coverage required by the event. The Renter agrees to provide Pfac a copy of the Certificate of Insurance showing that it has comprehensive general liability in an amount satisfactory to Pfac no later than seven (7) days prior to the event. Pfac will also be named as an additional insured under the Renter’s comprehensive general liability coverage policy for the duration of the event.
The Renter is fully responsible for all damage to Pfac’s property and exhibits, including theft, caused by the Renter, the Renter’s agent or the Renter’s guests. The Renter agrees to pay Pfac for all such damage or loss. The Renter shall make payment for all damage or loss within two weeks (14 days) of the receipt of Pfac invoice regarding the damage or loss.
The Renter, the Renter’s agents, and the Renter’s guests agree to hold harmless and indemnify Pfac from and against any liability, loss, cost or expense, including attorney’s fees arising out of the Renter’s use of the facility and/or actions or proceedings resulting from personal injury, accident, loss, or damage of property caused by the acts or omissions of the Renter and/or persons in attendance at the event, or members, agents, employees, assigns, licensees, and invitees of the Renter.
Pfac shall not be held responsible or liable to the Renter or its members, agents, employees, assigns, licensees, and invitees, without limitation, for any consequential damage or loss from failure to make the premises available at the designated time. In the event that Pfac facility and grounds are not available, the liability of Pfac shall be limited to the refunding of the payments made by the Renter.
A total fee of $________, based on all the services and rental described herein will be charged. A 50% deposit of the total fee is due at the signing of this agreement. The balance is due seven (7) days before set-up begins, on ________. If payment of the balance is not made by seven (7) days prior to set-up, the Renter will forfeit the deposit and use of the Pfac facility. The Renter may cancel their event without penalty and receive a full refund of their deposit with thirty (30) days notice. If the Renter cancels with less than thirty (30) days notice but more than three (3) days, the Renter will pay a cancellation fee equal to that of the deposit. If the Renter cancels with less than 72 hours notice, they will be charged a cancellation fee equal to the total fee for the space. Fees incurred from using the Pfac facility and not cleaning and/or removing all trash and debris, using staff beyond the specified times set in this agreement and/or damages will be billed to the Renter. Staff fees will be computed at the hourly rate set in the facility rental policy. Payment will be due two weeks (14 days) from the Renter’s receipt of the bill. Renter shall be responsible for all cost of collection, including 25% attorney’s fees.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Company/Organization ____________________________ Federal ID#:_______________________
Individual/Authorized Agent ________________________ SSN#:___________________________
Signature of Authorized Agent/Individual Peninsula Fine Arts Center
Day/Work Phone: ______________________________
Evening/Home Phone: __________________________
Cell Phone: ___________________________________